Develop Communication Skills That Serve Your Community
Creative Mediation relies on the generous support of skilled volunteer mediators to provide access to justice and conflict resolution services for San Luis Obispo County residents. Volunteers complete extensive training to become Certified Community Mediators, and mediate primarily Small Claims Court and community disputes, including landlord/tenant, neighbor/neighbor, roommate/roommate, and small business conflicts. Our volunteer program offers the dual benefit of developing personal and professional communication skills while serving the community in a meaningful way.
Initial Volunteer Requirements Include
- Registering for the Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills Certification* (Elements of Mediation + Advanced Mediation Seminar Series)
- Completing a Volunteer Mediator Application and clearance screening process
* Those with extensive mediation experience or equivalent training and qualifications may contact us for additional information on requirements.
- Continuing education activities
- Social gatherings
- Mentoring and support
- A chance to provide specialized mediation services such as Elder/Family Mediation, Victim/Offender Dialogue, Parent/Teen Mediation and more (depending on mediation style, individual qualifications, experience, and available opportunities)